Collagen peptides benefits
Collagen is one of the building blocks of your skin, bones, cartilage, and other parts of the body. It is collagen that enables individuals to look and feel young even as they age.
However, the decline in the levels of collagen has become common as a result of several factors. This is why, Collagen peptides can be used to help individuals overcome this decline and enhance their overall health.
Let’s take a look a detailed look at collagen and its importance in detail along with the benefits of Collagen Peptides.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is what keeps your skin intact and youthful. This structural protein makes up 30% of the total proteins present in our bodies.
And the body consists of 28 different types of collagen which are found in different regions of the body. Although they have a similar structure, these different types of collagen contribute to maintaining different functions in the body.
For instance, Type I collagen is involved in maintaining healthy skin, tendons, and ligaments while Type III collagen maintains the muscles, arteries, and organs.
The main function of collagen is to maintain the health of the connective tissues that connect the bones, organs, and other parts of the body and keep them intact.
This is why lack of collagen has consequences that appear mostly as we age. When the levels of collagen start to decline, individuals often start experiencing symptoms like fine lines, wrinkles, joint pain, stiffness in the muscles, and much more.
This is why, having optimum levels of collagen is a must for youthful glow and energy.
What causes Collagen Loss?
Collagen loss is very common and one of the most common causes of collagen loss includes aging.
However, several other contributing factors are responsible for collagen loss that give rise to an array of symptoms and affect the lives of people. Let’s take a look at some of the most common causes of collagen loss:
Aging: Aging is one of the common factors when it comes to collagen loss. This is because there is a lack of material for the body to create collagen every day. This causes problems like wrinkles, lines, joint aches, and much more.
Smoking: Smoking is known for constricting blood flow to the skin. It has also been found that smoking damages collagen and elastin present in the skin. This causes wrinkles and slows down the wound-healing process.
Ultraviolet Light: UV rays or radiation affects the production of collagen in your body. It is also responsible for breaking down collagen further and affecting its levels.
High Sugars and Carbs: Eating foods high in sugar and carbs is one of the causes of declining collagen levels in the body. This is because the collagen molecules are damaged and weakened as a result of glycation.
- Health Conditions: Several health conditions affect the internal systems in the body and thus, reduce the production of collagen.
Thus, to maintain healthy levels of collagen it is important to adopt healthy habits, take precautions to protect the collagen from external damage, and try using Collagen peptides for better results.
How to increase collagen levels naturally?
Collagen is made from three amino acids that and is produced in the body itself. Here’s how you can avoid collagen loss and restore its levels naturally:
- Applying a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher is a great option for avoiding collagen loss from exposure to UV light.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle is something that you can try. Quit all the bad habits that you know of and maintain the health and well-being of your internal systems to boost collagen production.
- Adding lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, and other healthy foods is another great way of providing your body with the nourishment needed for collagen production.
What are Collagen Peptides?
Collagen peptides are nothing but supplements that use small pieces of animal collagen to enhance collagen levels naturally.
Even if there are supplements available for improving collagen levels in individuals, it is important to note that they cannot be swallowed and absorbed as a whole.
Thus, to make the collagen absorbable by the body, Collagen Peptides are made.
These consist of collagen broken down into smaller peptides or amino acids that get absorbed by the body with ease, restoring the levels of collagen naturally.
Additionally, Collagen Peptides come in the form of capsules or powdered supplements. These are often made available as hydrolyzed collagen formulae or two to three amino acids that support collagen production in the body.
Once you consume the formula, the contents get absorbed by the body through the gastrointestinal tract and then utilized by the body.
Why are collagen peptides important?
As mentioned earlier, several factors contribute to collagen loss in individuals. However, collagen peptides are available to save the day. Here’s why taking Collagen Peptides is important:
- Collagen peptides are easily absorbable by the body and can easily be utilized by the body to increase collagen production.
- Collagen Peptides enable you to boost the levels of collagen that have been declining as a result of aging and exposure to other factors.
- Adding Collagen peptides enriches your skin and enables you to look young by eliminating wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Collagen is one of the most important proteins in the body that strengthens and keeps the structures in the body together.
Benefits of Collagen Peptides
- Collagen peptides enhance the health and well-being of your skin.
- They can eliminate joint pain and relieve stiffness.
- It can improve mobility and enhance the health of your joints.
- It enhances the health of your skin along with the health of your hair and nails.
- It reduces the symptoms of aging including wrinkles, fine lines, and much more.
- Finally, it makes up for collagen loss and maintains its levels.
Collagen peptides are great alternatives for increasing the levels of collagen in the body naturally. However, there are different types of collagen supplements available on the market.
These supplements serve different purposes, that is, some may be designed to boost skin health effects while others may eliminate all the problems associated with collagen loss.
You can choose the one appropriate for you and stay healthy by adding Collagen Peptides to your routine.